Friday 6 March 2009

Wild Life

One of the very few good things about working at 0 Dark Early, or Sparrow Fart as it is sometimes known, is the opportunity to see more of the various fauna that inhabit these isles.This week I have seen foxes, rabbits, hawks, kestrels, several types of deer and lots of different types of other birds. There seems to be great proliferation of magpies recently. I know that single magpies are seen as bad luck by some, but I love to see the black and white, smart looking birds exploding into the air as I drive down the roads. I see lots of singles, doubles and if there is a good "road kill" up to five or six at once. Sometimes in the early dawn, I see a late returning barn owl, gliding over the fields on wide spread wings, and the bright green backs of a pair of woodpeckers. Its nice to see so many different birds and animals and helps brighten my mundain existence a little when I see something new, a different bird or animal and I look forward to seeing it again
cheers
mog

No comments:

Post a Comment