Saturday 21 March 2009

Music Two

Savage Garden, playing Affirmation came on Jack FM the other night. It took me back to the Opening night of the Aussie Olympics. Another great night. Music does bring things back. I am opening my mind again to the influence of it. Remembering great nights. The Music for the Royal Fireworks on a magic night at Hampton Court. La Rejouissance still stands the hair up on the back of my neck. The first time I heard the Emperor, 5th Piano – the incredible sound of the piano. Yo Yo Ma playing Bach. From A Distance by Nancy Griffith. They all have special memories.
Some sad, like Pavarotti singing Vesti La Giubba (on with the Motley) at the end of Pagliacci. Some happy, like the night She who must be obeyed and I went to Wembly to see the "Who" re-union and Pete Townshend smashed his guitar again at the end of a memorable Pinball Wizard.
Listening still
Mog

No comments:

Post a Comment