Monday 23 March 2009

Superstitions

I used to be very superstitious. No walking under ladders, no placing new shoes on tables, and all sorts of other mindless things. I started the round the other morning, ensured that I saw several rabbits to start the day, said hello to several magpies. Consciously counting, one for sorrow, two for joy etc., I even said "Hello" to the caravan as I passed the storage depot. I then touched the paw of a wooden "Hawks head" Bear outside one of the properties, said hello to the Model Meercats on the wall when I started the deliveries. I tried to drive to exactly the same spot to turn round in some of the drives, touching the carved "Rams Head"on one gate and the model snails on another. Walking on the stones of a path so that I miss the cracks, stroking the tummy of a "Buddha" and the side of a horse shoe. Ater rubbing the head of a Stone tortoise, and stroking several model snails, and last of all speaking to two stone gargolyes on top of gate pillars, I decided that enough is enough and Whatever happens it does not change your "Luck" in this world – so Sod the lot.
Aaaargh
Me lottery numbers have not come up AGAIN,
Sor back to work this week
mog

No comments:

Post a Comment