Wednesday 4 March 2009

Black Dog

Churchill used to suffer from fits of depression, which he called "the Black Dog". Foreign Legionnaires suffered from similar depression known as "Le Caffard".I really wonder sometimes if I am following in this tradition or am just feeling sorry for myself ! It starts with the feeling that I am not doing my job to the best of my abilities. Even such futile jobs as box packing, curry delivery, stacking bottles on a conveyer belt (for Blenhiem Palace Water) and other minimum wage jobs that I have had to take on in the last couple of years. I then really start to worry about paying the bills, and even if we have got enough to get such silly fripperies like food ! I stop reading (this is when it gets really bad as I am addicted to books and usually we will buy a book and raid the deep freeze if the choice is reading or eating !!) I loose all interest in the Internet, play no games and
Then, when I am getting to the bottom of the heap I even stop listening to classical music, which, again is usually my life blood. I sit slumped in front of the infernal goggle box and let mindless programmes flow over me. This usually leads to an excess of red wine – although I have really stopped drinking Scotch as that makes the downward progression quicker. The deep freezer starts to empty and the bills still keep on coming. I then seem to make an unconscious decision and either pick up the ipod or a book and start to pull myself up again. It has been a long time since I felt the blogging urge. But I must get on with life and blgging helps me put it into perspective, and evaluate how deep my depressions are getting
Caio
mog

No comments:

Post a Comment