Saturday 28 February 2009

Papers late - part the secone

The Boss gets in and starts the in store baking at about 0600 and we were just explaining about the lack of Oxford Times, when the van turns up.
"Ah" says she
""They’ll have to go out with the rounds, as someone will be bound to ring in and complain !"
"B" followed by the word "’Ollocks" thinks me and Jim
Sooooo
All rounds de-constructed and Ox Times inserted !!
It’s now a good 40 minutes late before starting out
Which means –
I now have one of my real pet hates
I can usually get round the first half by 0710.
I don’t see anyone but the Slovakian night porter at the hotel where I drop off and he is a nice, quiet and even tempered guy.
I now get snarled up in the early traffic, making me later and later.
When I get to the hotel, guests who are leaving early waiting for papers
The night porter not happy either – We exchange shrugs and try and placate angry guests – which again makes me later. And so on and so on.
I then get back to load the second set of rounds
Paper boys waiting and getting fractious.
I then start meeting householders who either say
"You’re not the usual paper person – It used to be Allison" –
I then have to explain that she hurt herself a year ago and I have been doing the round since last year – The unfortunate thing about this is that there are several hundred people on the round and I seem to meet different ones every time the papers are late.

No comments:

Post a Comment