Thursday 26 February 2009

More Thoughts from a Van

My job is so mind bogglingly boring, that I am in danger of sinking back into the apathy that gripped me in the last couple of years. It stopped me blogging, stifled any creative processes, and made me feel increasingly sorry for myself.I get angry with Judith (she who must be obeyed) for no good reason, and get even more angry with myself for doing so. I get up, go and do what has to be done, come home. Walk the dogs, make Judith’s breakfast, then go to bed for a couple of hours. Get up have a small lunch then take dogs out again. Put "Flashy" into his crate for a lay down, and then take Judith out – as she needs to get out of the house and go for a ride somewhere. Usually we need some minor shopping, which I try to spread out over the week so that we are not using fuel for nothing. Come home, sit down, watch "the box" feed dogs, make evening meal. Watch the box, take dogs for evening walk, then go to bed at about 10pm. This is enlivened by my second job, curry delivery on an ad hoc basis, usually a couple of nights a week. I finish this between 2100 and 2300 and get a curry to bring home for my trouble. Although eating curry at 2315 is not recommended, when you have to be up at 0415 !! This alternates with Bowling. Some Thursday and Friday evenings, and some Tuesday afternoons I go indoor bowling for a couple of hours. Usually, Judith comes with me to watch. She gave up bowling this year.Other than that, all I do is worry about paying the bills. A life with little purpose or direction. We had hopes of becoming Caravan Club Site Wardens, and even went for an Assessment day at Lingfield. We were rejected ! A very low point in an already low year. Not a lot to look forward to, a seven day working week just to eat and pay some of the bills. Can’t afford to take a holiday, or even a Sunday off at the present.
So Jack is an extremely dull boy !!

No comments:

Post a Comment